Friday, September 15, 2017

...“I would like to support my community..."



Since 10 years Ms. Pat Rin is a health worker in the Tom Nub Ahpivoat village. She has been trained to diagnose and provide basic treatment for malaria. Sometimes people from the village coming to her in very bad health conditions, since Health Center is 3 hours away and other emergency services are not available.
 She is also a volunteer of her village health support group. Her husband is a soldier. He spends a lot of time outside of the village. Her husband would like them to have more children, but Ms. Pat Rin would like to first work and be able to contribute to development of their village.
When ADRA started a project in Tom Nub Ahpivoat, Ms. Pat Rin was very enthusiastic about being able to be part of the project activities as a Reflect Circle Facilitator. She is sharing, why she is looking forward to continue working with ADRA:
“I would like to support my community. My husband is a soldier and is away a lot. I would like to contribute my time working with people. I just got an orientation session from ADRA and was interested to learn about resources in our village. I would like to learn how to plan vegetables with less chemicals, using natural fertilizers and how to take care for chickens, so our village have a lot of livestock.

Our mean are often leaving to work outside the village to sell labor. Often they cross Thai border and do illegal wood-cutting. I am happy to have ADRA project here, since it will help us to have more income sources within the village. It will help many men to stay and look after their families."

No comments:

Post a Comment