Friday, September 15, 2017

..."I am happy that ADRA is working in our village...!"



Ms. Meas Sreymom is a Reflect circle facilitator for nutrition and health project of ADRA in​Trapeang Prasat commune. She just recently joined the team and participated in 2 meetings. In couple of days she will join project team on a training, where she will learn, how she can share information about health, nutrition, agriculture and hygiene with women and children in her village.
“Me and my husband are farm laborers. Sometimes my husband cuts wood for sale. Sometimes I bake traditional cakes and my husband sells them. Majority of our land is in the forest, and we cannot plant a lot there. Our income in not enough to look after our family.
I got to know ADRA, when they came to the village few days ago to tell us about the project, that will take place in our village. I always wanted to contribute to development of my village and thought it would be a good time. I became a Reflect Circle Facilitator for my village. I will help the women and children to follow the program and will lead them through the topics on health, nutrition, agriculture and hygiene.
Our village needs a lot of support. The priority needs are safe water for drinking and agriculture, knowledge about nutrition and hygiene. It will help us to improve health of our children.
People in our village are poor. Only 30-40% have toilet, we also have not enough knowledge about good eating practices. It affects our young generation.
I am happy that ADRA is working in our village. Now we will be able to plant more vegetables and raise chickens, we are also going to know more about good food and health practices for our babies!”

No comments:

Post a Comment